Monday, December 27, 2010

December Delights..

Here's to hoping you had a wonderful and blessed Christmas. We sure did!

Here are my three opening gifts at Grannie and Grandpa's.

The weather held out. While we are snowed in right now, the crazy blizzard held off until the festivities were over.

It was a very Handmade Holiday this year! Gifts for teachers, including handmade soaps, were all handmade and well received.

Some of the sewing I've done can be found below. Well, wait. Firstly, is Little Lady's dress which is seen above but not very well. Let's not talk about how I can't locate my camera the past couple of days. Can't be because the holidays were hectic, could it?


A top made for Little Lady as a back up for her Holiday Concert. Surprise, surprise. She wanted to wear her dress! (a little peer pressure maybe? I'm all for THAT kind!) This is from Ottobre magazine 1/2010.


A top for Little Lady's godsister who isn't much for girly outfits. This was for her Holiday Concert in her Kindergarten. This is my rendition of a top in Ottobre 4/2004. It's made with Chez Ami jersey fabric.






This drawstring bag was for Puppy Feet. He *loves* Legos!

Afraid? LOL Don't be! It's Little Lady's pillow pet made with the guidance of this tutorial. Thank you!
She loved it!

So those are a few of the highlights of our Handmade Holiday 2010. There were also grocery sacks, wool with flax seed handwarmers, and handmade soaps. I made a bamboo velour pillowcase and a double handed oven mitt.  AND I made myself a new top for Christmas. It was a GREAT Handmade Holiday!

May you have a blessed New Year!

No comments: