Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thankful November Summary

Well, if you made it this far-- Congratulations!

The main point I wanted to show is that every. day. we all have many things we can choose to be thankful for. Sure, one can choose to complain and be sour and bitter about what's going on in one's life or one can choose to look at the bright side and find a silver lining, no matter where you are at.

Face it, life is HARD. A lot harder than I ever thought, that's for sure. I reminisce of the days when I had all the freedom (was a young adult, owned a car, could drive, had a job, lived at home, etc). I remember deciding to take off to the beach-- fill up the cooler, pack a towel, maybe a chair and go. Now? To do that, I'd have to make sure no one had to be anywhere that day, make sure I had the groceries, fill the tank with gas, make sure I had money to park and quarters to shower, pack aaaaaaaaaaaalllll the stuff we needed, did I remember sunscreen? and on and on.

Boy, it's a reality check when you are a grown up! LOL

But, for all the skeletons lurking in my closet, for all the creative mail that comes to my house asking for money, and all the other things I care not to share on the net-- I still have 3 blessed children and a hard working husband who loves me. I have family-- the good and the bad-- but I have them. We're warm and fed and God loves and cares for us. It's a good life.

And on that note, today is my mom's birthday. Nine birthdays without her here to celebrate them with. Miss you, Mom. SOO much. <3

No comments: